Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Music Will Set You Free

Music has always been a special part of my life. Growing up, my parents always had music playing in the house. There are pictures of me as a baby with giant headphones on rocking out to great artists like The Police, Nat King Cole and The Beatles. There are many songs, artists and albums that remind me of particular times in my life. Music has the power to motivate me, bring me comfort, make me happy or let me wallow in my sadness!

There are two play lists that I have been listening to throughout my infertility journey. One is my, “Feeling Mushy Infertility Mix,” there other one is my, “I Will Kick Infertility’s Butt Mix.” I make sure that when I am traveling to my doctor’s office or going through procedures, I have access to these two play lists. They inspire me, bring me comfort and help me cope.

"Feeling Mushy Infertility Mix"
1.Breathe (2AM) 4:40 Anna Nalick Breathe (2AM) - Single
2.Answer 3:41 Sarah McLachlan Live Acoustic EP 2003
3.Irish Blessing 3:18 Ardyth & Jennifer Learn to Fly
4.In the Sun (Gulf Coast Relief) [Featuring Chris Martin] 4:57 Michael Stipe In the Sun - EP
5.Fix You 4:55 Coldplay X & Y
6.A Long December 4:58 Counting Crows Films About Ghosts: The Best of Counting Crows
7.Times Like These 5:25 Foo Fighters Skin and Bones (Bonus Track Version)
8.Catch the Wind 2:55 Donovan Donovan's Greatest Hits (Remastered)
9.Waiting for My Real Life to Begin 5:46 Colin Hay Man @ Work
10.Hear You Me 4:31 Jimmy Eat World Story's Changed
11.Feels Like Home 4:40 Chantal Kreviazuk What If It All Means Something
12.I'll Be There for You 5:42 Bon Jovi Cross Road
13.Days Like This 3:45 Kim Taylor The Greatest Story - EP Singer/Songwriter
14.Hallelujah (feat. Charlie Sexton) 4:16 Justin Timberlake Hope for Haiti Now
15.Let It Be (feat. The Roots) 3:53 Jennifer Hudson Hope for Haiti Now
16.We Shall Overcome 2:53 Bruce Springsteen Hope for Haiti Now

“I Will Kick Infertility’s Butt Mix”
1. I Gotta Feeling 4:49 Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies)
2. Don't Stop Believin' 4:09 Journey Journey: Greatest Hits
3. Three Little Birds 3:00 Bob Marley Legend(Original Recording Remastered Bonus Tracks) 4. Eye of the Tiger 4:05 Survivor Survivor: Greatest Hits
5. Closer to Fine 4:04 Indigo Girls Indigo Girls (Remastered Edition)
6. Keep Holding On (From "Eragon") 4:00 Avril Lavigne Keep Holding On Single
7. The Middle 2:46 Jimmy Eat World Jimmy Eat World Alternative
8. Float On 3:28 Modest Mouse Good News for People Who Love Bad News
9. Move Along 4:00 The All-American Rejects Move Along
10. You're All I Need to Get By 2:51 Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell The Very Best of Marvin Gaye
11. Life Is a Highway 4:26 Tom Cochrane Mad Mad World
12. Everyday 4:44 Dave Matthews Band Everyday
13. There's Hope 3:56 India.Arie Testimony: Vol. 1 Life & Relationship

These songs are great. They have carried me through some tough times. I look forward to hearing what songs bring you comfort and carry you through!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and your writing has been inspiring and helpful. It's been 2.5 years for us and after a long road of IUIs, IVF, etc. we're gearing up for our 2nd IVF which is delayed due to the holidays and a very long supression protocol. I know you'd understand the pain of waiting..it feels like a lifetime. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. Reading about your feelings reminds me that I'm not alone in my struggles or emotions.

    ReplyDelete